GOAL: Reestablish this village-based tourism at Namua Island Beach Fales
PROJECT COST: US$13,840
AMOUNT RAISED: US$14,035
Goal Reached! Thank you.
The tourism industry is the mainstay of many people in the most severly effected area. Now they have lost their livelihoods. There is one family-run beach fale accomodation that can be back in business within two weeks with your help.
This will mean immediate income and help in a sustainable recovery from the devestating events. It will also be the first accomodations to be back up and running which will be a source of encouragement for the many others in the same situation.
What we need to buy to make this happen:
- US$4,000 25 hp Yamaha motor for the boat (PURCHASED)
- US$2,800 1.12 km of PVD water pipe: 300 lengths – US$14 each length (PURCHASED)
- US$2,000 5,000 liter water tank (PURCHASED)
- US$3,200 10,000 liter water tank (PURCHASED)
- US$960 Water Pump (PURCHASED)
- In Kind The New Zealand High Commission has donated divers to help install the pipe.(INSTALLED)
All these items are available in Samoa and we can have this beach fale back in business within two weeks. It will be the first beach fale in that part of the island to reopen after the tsunami.
Please note that we have revised the prices from before. We were able to get a discount on the piping. We purchased a larger motor for the boat since they have a slightly larger boat than before.